We are glad you are considering AFLBS! We are committed to help you every step of the way through the admissions process.
AFLBS welcomes all applicants who are personally committed to faith in Jesus Christ regardless of race, gender, age, or national or ethnic heritage.
It is expected that those who seek entrance to AFLBS do so because of an earnest desire to know Christ more intimately, to follow Him more closely, and to serve Him more faithfully.
In order that every student may make the most of his or her time and opportunity, he or she is expected to observe faithfully the guidelines of the school, outlined in the AFLBS Student Handbook.
Students must complete the application procedure (outlined below). All students must have a high school diploma or GED certificate in order to begin classes at AFLBS.
A student must complete the following application process to be considered for admission to the Association Free Lutheran Bible School:
- Complete the application form
- Include the application fee. This is required for most applications (see application deadlines for details).
- Submit High School Transcripts to the AFLBS Admissions office. Arrange to have your final transcript sent in June. Also, request official transcripts from any colleges you have attended.
- Provide 3 references: 1) Pastor, 2) Spiritual Mentor, 3) Teacher or Employer.
Prior to July 1 the year they are enrolling, students must complete the Health Record Form and provide proof of health care coverage. Students applying after July 1 of the year they are enrolling must complete these forms as part of the application process. If a student does not have coverage, they may contact the school for special arrangements.
Ready to take the next step? Apply online below.
Fall 2018 – Apply by April 1 for the Spring Special:
- Only $25 Application Fee (increases to $50)
- AFLBS t-shirt
Spring 2019 – Applications are open ($50 application fee)
Applications will not be approved until all the necessary paperwork has been received. Once your file is complete and reviewed by the AFLBS Admissions Team and the AFLBS Dean, you will be notified by mail if you have been accepted.
Scholarship and Aid
There are several different types of scholarships incoming and current AFLBS students can apply for the 2018-19 school year: Academic, Financial Aid, Music, Leadership Development, Family in Ministry, and Future Ministry Scholarships. You can apply for more than one of these scholarship categories. Please read through the requirements and descriptions of these scholarships and apply for those you are interested/qualified in receiving. All applicants must fill out the first portion of this application.
AFLBS is authorized under federal laws to enroll non-immigrant students. International applicants need to apply well in advance of normal deadlines due to the additional processing time required to accommodate the additional paper work and requirements.
International Student Admission Requirements
International students have the same admission requirements that are listed under Admissions Requirements, with the addition of the following:
- English proficiency. All students, regardless of national origin, must demonstrate English proficiency. A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) may be required of all international applicants from countries whose national language is not English. This test must be taken in the applicant’s home country. Students must have a minimum passing score for admission. The AFLBS identification number for the TOEFL exam is B488.
- Certificate of Eligibility (Immigration Form I-20). The United States Government requires individuals applying for a student visa to submit form I-20, indicating acceptance and resources to finance an education at a given college. Once an international applicant is formally admitted to the school as a full-time student, AFLBS will guide the student through the I-20 submission process.
- Letter of Financial Backing. This should be a document from your sponsor (or yourself if you are providing your own support) certifying that financial resources are available to pay your expenses while you are in the U.S.A. Please include notarized bank statements in English and in US Dollars or other supporting documentation that substantiates the ability to meet financial obligations.
- We also request written endorsement from your pastor or leadership of your denomination.
International Student Application Procedure
- Complete the entire International Student Application form online by clicking ‘Apply Now.’ Deadline for the application is May 1 for Fall Semester.
- Submit a $300 non-refundable application fee in U.S. funds. This includes the I-901 SEVIS Application Fee.
- Official transcripts must be sent from high schools and all previously attended colleges. These transcripts must be translated into English.
- A health form must be completed by a physician and be sent to the registrar prior to acceptance. Proof of immunizations is required. All international students must provide proof of medical insurance coverage from their home countries or purchase medical insurance coverage in the United States. Download the Health Record Form here.
- Written endorsements from parents and pastor.
If you have questions about the international student application process, contact Laurie Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The admissions staff is here to help answer your questions. Whether you want more information about classes, student life, and scholarships or have questions about the application process, we have your best interests in mind.
1. Is a health form required?
The Health Form is not required for acceptance to AFLBS, but it is required before the student enrolls in classes. The Health Form is due July 1. For students applying to AFLBS after July 1, the Health Form is required as part of the application process. A proof of health insurance must be included as part of the form.
2. When do I pay the application fee?
The application fee must be paid at the time your online application is submitted to AFLBS. This can be paid online with “application fee” in the payment description.
3. Do I need to put down a deposit?
Yes. A $100 deposit is required once a student is accepted to secure his/her spot. The deposit is due July 1. This can be paid online with “AFLBS deposit” in the payment description.
4. When do I make my first payment?
Either the full semester amount or the minimum down payment of $3,700 is due at the time of registration for the semester you are applying for. This amount should be paid online. It is also possible to deliver payment to the office in the form of cash, check, money order or cashier’s check. Payment plans may be arranged with the AFLBS Student Accounts Manager. Pre-payments can be made at any time. For more details on costs and payments, please refer to the AFLBS Financial Planning Sheet.
5. What payment plans are offered?
See our Financial Planning Sheet for detailed information.
6. What are the application deadlines?
Application deadlines are available here.